OPEN Saturday May 18 BY RESERVATION ONLY
Last drop off shuttle leaves for the river at 4:00pm
Expecting Sunshine and 22 Degrees Today
Please 24 Hour Notice - By Reservation Only UNTIL June 26
To help make you trip down the river as enjoyable and safe as possible, we have compiled some tips for you:
- TENNIS SHOES, AQUA-SHOES, SANDALS or other footwear are needed to protect against sharp objects, cuts, scrapes, bruises and the rocky river bottom while walking to and from entry/exit points for tubing rope is provided to tie them to your tube
- SUN BLOCK LOTION or SUN SCREEN should be applied both BEFORE and DURING each float trip or any time you are in the sun for extended periods. It's a good idea to bring a large white T-shirt and put on if you begin to sunburn.
- A CAP, HAT or VISOR and SUNGLASSES will help shield your face, eyes and head from the rays of the sun.
- CHILDREN should be at least five (5) years old or older and MUST be accompanied by an adult for tubing on the river. Life jackets / vests are recommended for all children and all non swimmers and are provided on request at no charge with your tube rental. There are NO LIFE GUARDS ON DUTY, you will be on your own, use caution, think safety first! Parents & Guardians - you are responsible for your children...a waiver will be required for each tuber.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER while tubing on the Pembina River to help prevent dehydration.
- DO NOT LITTER! Dispose of all trash in garbage cans provided at entrance/ exit and along the route. Dump all trash in designated receptacles. Help keep our rivers, parks and the Pembina beautiful. Help everyone enjoy Pembina River.
- GLASS CONTAINERS or STYROFOAM COOLERS are NOT RECOMMENDED on the Pembina River
- PARK ONLY in designated areas, cars in undesignated areas may be towed at the owners expense.
- SECURE YOUR CAR KEYS, house keys, or any other keys on the Riverů keys don't float... Locksmiths are expensive!
- DO NOT TAKE ANY VALUABLES ON THE RIVER as most items sink and are never found; place your cell phones, jewelry and other valuables in a safe place! Phones don't float and do not work very well, if at all, after they have been submerged under water. Many people have lost Wedding rings and other types of rings because fingers tend to shrink after being in the water for awhile, allowing ring(s) to slip off fingers into the river, never to be found again.
- ATTACH & SECURE PRESCRIPTION GLASSES, EYEWEAR and SUNGLASSES to your face, head or body while tubing. Anyone wearing glasses should have a headband, neckband or float bobber of some sort, preferably the floating type that attaches to each arm of your glasses to prevent your eyeglasses from falling off your face and sinking into the river should you flip your tube over. We suggest you bring your own Float Bobber with you for your eyeglasses.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Can we park a vehicle at the drop off, float down the river and get a ride back to the drop off area with you?
A: No. We only shuttle from our business to our business. You can do the trip without the shuttle but 2 vehicles are required. Please make sure you know which keys you need at the pick up point!
- Q: Can we bring Alcohol?
- Q: Is it safe for children to come?
A: If the river is unsafe, we are not open and operating. Children are able to come and we do have smaller tubes for children of all ages. We also post on our Home Page our recommendations for age of children. All children under 12 must be supervised.
- Q: Do we need to reserve?
A: Reservations are not required and are not taken on weekends or holidays. However, if you have a large group of people coming on a weekday you may want to make a reservation.
- Q: Can I bring my pet?
A: Yes. Your pet will be with you on the river. We are not able to babysit dogs
- Q: Will I get wet?
A: Yes. You are in a river that has water. Getting wet is a requirement.
For further information you can call 1-780-515-1754